Our culture is aggressively pushing a sexual agenda. No one is immune to this agenda. It is aggressively making porn seem normal. Porn is anything but normal. Pornography is dangerous and can ruin relationships and lives.If you struggle with Pornography, there is hope through Jesus!
Here are some good resources on porn both for those who struggle and for those whose spouse struggles.
A Warrior’s Arsenal
- How 790 Pastors described their Struggle with Porn: This is sad, but also shows the reality that this is a huge problem. No one is immune.
- Your Brain on Porn: I have not read this free book, but I can recommend this by trusting Covenant Eyes!
- Porn is Out There: “It only takes one click.”
- How to Slay the Dragon of Pornography: “Pornographic desire thrives in darkness.”
- Companies Profiting off of Porn: We can’t expect secular companies to act Christian, but I still wanted to leave it here. Top 12 companies who profit from porn.
- Can You be Addicted to Sex or Porn: “Based on these and other studies, it seems people with a higher sex drive are more likely to find it difficult to stop looking at porn.”–Not an excuse by any means, but when we understand this, perhaps we can go about fighting this sin? No, I am not saying the answer is more sex, it is a heart issue.
- What it Means to be Pro-Sex and Anti-Porn: Keep it sexy and “Real is Sexy.” (Please note: I am not sure if they have a biblical stance on sex, but they have a lot of good articles)
- Porn Ruins Your Sex Life: It is true! I believe through Christ, redemption can happen. But porn is destructive.
- 7 Things to do After you Look at Pornography: Please Read this!