I am sure most of my readers desire God. Yet, many of us, if not all of us, have experienced times when we just do not feel like desiring God. We may feel like God is boring. Or perhaps that we feel down and discouraged which then often times means no pursuit of God.
Dr. Piper’s book is a resource to use in our life to fight for joy in God, even when we may not feel like we want God.
“I long to be of help to believers and unbelievers who are seeing some of the radical heart- changes demanded by the Bible in the Christian life—especially that we must desire God more than anything. I am not interested in superficial, external behavior changes, which the Pharisees were so good at” (p. 15).–Desiring God
- Chromecast ($29.99)–A great device to stream what is on your Chrome browser using PC, MAC, or even Mobile Devices. (I know, not exactly a Kindle Deal)
- How Do We Know the Bible is True–A good book in our skeptical society.
- 7 Habbits of Highly Effective Teens–It is never too early to start being effective!
- Books of the Bible–I blogged about this, here.
- Jesus: The Only Way to God–A plea to affirm Jesus and not remove Him from teaching(s).